Wednesday, December 7, 2016

DIY album using old stash of papers and left over chipboards

I looked at my bookshelves and see the pile ups of my 6x6 papers that i bought and havent touched. I admired the papers and afraid of cutting them. So i stepped out of that zone and decided to make use of them.

There's a never ending new collections coming out and i dont have to keep up and make projects based on the date an item was released or based on what everyone is using at that time.

So i grabbed my left over chipboards and make a 6x6 album. Used my tim holtz binding ring to hold my pages which are sturdy cause i used the chipboard covers of my old paper stacks as base. I used tim holtz edger for the tabs. Then i covered them with my old stack of prima papers and gc studio papers. Add photos and put very minimal embellishments. I also added the plates at the album hinge to hold the title of my album. I dont decorate front of my album. I want it plain for easy storage.

I have so much fun doing this and more to come. I need to use up my papers to have a room for more. Since the page is so small, i finished these albums in no time.

It felt good using your old stacks and crafting gadgets thats collecting dust somewhere in your craft room. It feels good to have your favorite paper with your photos in it. Now it inspire me to do more. My MOJO is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment